Monday, March 5, 2007

Reflective Journals

One Hundred Years of Solitude starts off being very confusing. It's semi~interesting compared to Song of Solomon. In the story, there are many characters with similar names that you can read on the geneology tree that I post. This book begins to get a little interesting the second chapter and if you are able to get passed the first chapter, you will be okay. The chapters are a little long but after you get into the story, you will be alright and even though it's not as good as previously read Song of Solomon!

March 17, 2007
The story is starting to get a little better. It's hard to follow through the story because you have to be able to decipher when its past,present , or the future. The story gives a great example of how the story has changed from a modern little vilage to a prosperous town. It's startling how some of the characters change and have become heartless in reference to Aureliano. It's also surprising how Amaranta sleeps with her nephew because that is extremely disgusting. it's no different from Milkman and Hagar who are 2nd generation cousins sleeping with each other in Song Of Solomon.

5 comments:

"D" said...

Thanks Keesh Pie! I appreciate it and always knew that. But I think that I'm good for right now and I'll let you know about it.

mkmcguan said...

Keisha07,
Nice job on your blog. I am very impressed. Keep up the good work! You guys are working hard. I really liked your family tree - it helps to clarify the confusing characters with the same names - like George Forman who named all his kids George. :)

"D" said...

DIALOGUE JOURNAL
Kiesh Pie,
Thanks alot! I'm glad that my blog seems to be good and all. But it's funny cause I strive because of what kind of work you do. And I don't want to be bad or lazy, but someone like you. I think that it is simply ironic how they just erase the town away from ever existing. It must of happened because of all the insane things that were doing. Solitude can sometimes cause a person to go and commit violent things like totally destroying a town. And sometimes you think what would happen if my town were burnt down to the ground and told that we never were here.

Steffie21 said...

I am jumping in the Dialogue journal with you, d, and maybe genesis okay??? well okay. You have no choice.. hah

And guess what!??!? You always have something to say about everything.. especially this book. But look over my web page, and comment.. and i will get back to you.

But your page is really good, your information is well placed, and i like the effort a lot.. so keep up the work as we dwindle down in this project!!!

Love ya sweets!

"D" said...

KEESH!!!!
I think that even though they know where the town is, maybe they don't want to go back to the place that has harmed their family with so many issues. Everything seemed to go wrong or crazy when they were there and they possibly could not want that anymore. Even the fact that maybe it was written in the history of the family, is a cause for them to not want to go back. Tragically dying has to be the worst and not the best feeling in the world. And I think that it was fate to go there!
"D"